Observation and My Experience in Teaching

Doing observations has a really big impact to me; this is very common for us to observe first before we will execute teaching to the students. In teaching you must know your students first on how or what they want in learning, to be attracted or to attach to them so that you can get their interests. It is also not only the observation for the students but also with the teacher also, to know how the teacher teach the students, what are the strategies to give to them so that they can easily learn, and on how to instruct the students when giving an activities or assessments. 
My cooperating teacher introduced to me that they have three subjects in Social Studies or social science; they have business study, creativity and social studies. She allows me to teach the social studies and business study and the grade level that I will be teaching is grade 9 and 8. The junior high school here starts from grade 7 to 9, and the senior will be grade 10 to 12.
As I observed in the classroom when I entered, they only have 15 or 16 students in one classroom, comparing to the students in the Philippines wherein we have a maximum of 60 students in one classroom.  Wow, that’s a big difference relating to the number of students that I will be teaching in Bandung. I also observed from the students that they don’t have any racial issues, whether you are black or white, you are welcome in that school. I’m also lucky. Why? It is because I love my cooperating teacher for she allows me to talk in front not only to introduce myself to the class but sharing some ideas in her lesson for the students. It’s like having an addendum or additional information about it.
About my teaching experience, in the first place I felt excited and also very nervous, my hands were shaking and my feet was totally stuck in front of the class but when I sensibly got the rhythm of it, I felt comfortable and better than before. My everyday instructional materials are laptop and cartolina, I used those to have an activity also so that my students will not get bored to it. My curriculum that I’ve use in teaching was Cambridge and local also, but I am not using Bahasa language because I don’t know how to speak, my medium in language that I am using in teaching in the school is English since I am deployed to an international school. I observed while I am having my class, some students can’t catch up with my way of speaking English, that’s why I need to be a bit slow speaking in English to understand well what I am talking about in class. In class while i am in the middle of discussing, we can’t help that some lessons can lead to the culture of Indonesians and Filipinos that’s why not only the students can learn from my culture but I can also learn their culture, by sharing each other ideas, beliefs, culture and traditions and even to the language, that’s one of the reasons why I liked  teaching social studies.




Observations from grade 8 and grade 9


Overall, I love my students, I love how the teachers help me in finding my rooms especially when I get to my class, I love my cooperating teachers who always there to guide me no matter what happens. She also translates to those who cannot understand too much in English. I’ve learned in this school that it doesn’t matter what race or country you came from. Because in this school, everybody deserves to be welcomed and be comfortable. This is also the school where the students can learn from the teacher as well as the teacher can also learn from the students .

⌔ ⌔ ⌔

Comments

Popular posts from this blog